Stream: project-error-handling

Topic: Meeting 2021-10-11


view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:55):

Meeting in 5 minutes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:55):

Agenda: https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/SJdKuWzBF

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:56):

gonna make it a quick / async one again I expect, though there have been some relevant updates!

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:58):

Going to start early on posting status updates

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:58):

https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling/issues/3

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:58):

I added an update of the current status of the effort to move error into core

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 18:59):

@Santiago Pastorino is going to be taking over the PR to integrate negative traits into the coherence solver

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:02):

Once that feature lands the only major blocker left will be resolving the fn backtrace issue, which we can hopefully get resolved by landing generic member access and then removing the method.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:02):

We've also made progress on trial-and-error and have merged some of @Sean Chen (he/him)'s PRs polishing the docs and examples

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:03):

I'm going through and doing some last pass review to make sure we're ready for release

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:03):

I already know we need to add a few more APIs to get equivalent functionality to Box<dyn Error> such as downcasting and construction of errors from strings.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:05):

I've removed the oom=panic todo from the action items list because @Amanieu is currently working on a PR to implement that feature

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:08):

I've also updated the rest of the action items doc to hopefully be up to date

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:08):

lmk if I missed anything anyone is actively working on

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:09):

That's it for me

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Oct 11 2021 at 19:10):

Any help needed with documentation?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:17):

Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. said:

Any help needed with documentation?

if you want to review the documentation and point out areas that are confusing or undocumented that would be quite helpful

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Oct 11 2021 at 19:17):

though I don't think its quite ready for review yet

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Oct 11 2021 at 19:18):

k. thanks. I'll look it over when it's ready


Last updated: Jan 26 2022 at 13:32 UTC