Stream: project-error-handling

Topic: Meeting 2021-08-30


view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 18:04):

Meeting in an hour

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 18:12):

Agenda: https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/SkPmShkLD

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 18:13):

switched around the agenda generation to be more consistent with the rest of the libs team meetings

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 18:54):

5 minute warning

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:00):

alright, meeting time everyone

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:01):

:wave:

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Aug 30 2021 at 19:01):

:+1:

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Aug 30 2021 at 19:02):

:wave:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:02):

so for today's meeting I wanna try to handle the minutes more consistently with the libs team minutes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:02):

which are always inline in their agenda, rather than in a section at the end

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:03):

let's start with the action items

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Aug 30 2021 at 19:03):

Will you be jotting the minutes down then?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:03):

yea, though if anyone else wants to jot things down as well pls do

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:04):

and we can start with your work @Sean Chen (he/him)

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:04):

I know you're waiting on review for the trial-and-error changes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:04):

I'll make sure to get that done today

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Aug 30 2021 at 19:04):

Yea, nothing else to report :smile:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:05):

hehe

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:05):

Chas has finished with setting up the diagram for the error handling book

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:06):

the diagram itself is not fully complete but the skeleton is in place and it's integrated with our github actions so that changes to it will be checked automatically

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Aug 30 2021 at 19:06):

:tada:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:06):

so it should be ripe for integration within the book and then improvement over time

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Aug 30 2021 at 19:07):

I agree

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:07):

I've not made much progress on my action items other than reviewing the RFCs from both @Nick Cameron and @Jakub Duchniewicz

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:07):

I want to focus our efforts on getting those RFCs resolved and merged and hopefully time my coherence PR to land not long after

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:08):

I also think that it might be time to setup the implementation PR for nick's provide-any RFC

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:09):

I'd love to see generic member access available on nightly sometime next month

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:09):

I also plan on bringing up both RFCs during our next libs-api meeting to see if we can't come to a decision on the backtrace API decisions

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:12):

how are y'all both doing?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:12):

I know @Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. is going to be focusing studying a bit for short term

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Aug 30 2021 at 19:12):

Not much to report other than what's been mentioned :+1:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:12):

alright

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Aug 30 2021 at 19:12):

I'm fine. Still learning, hopefully always :grinning:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:13):

alright, then I say we make this a short meeting

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:14):

I don't think there's much point going over any other items since we've already got our plates full with the couple of in progress tasks

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:15):

lets just focus on polishing up trial-and-error and getting those two RFCs finished

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Aug 30 2021 at 19:15):

thank you everyone :D


Last updated: Jan 26 2022 at 14:02 UTC