Stream: project-error-handling

Topic: Meeting 2021-06-07


view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 18:23):

Meeting in ~ 40 minutes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 18:25):

Agenda: https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/ByiUNyh9O

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:00):

meeting time

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:00):

:wave:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:01):

starting with action items from our last meeting

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:01):

for the negative trait impls, still working on it!

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:01):

making good progress

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:02):

been using the wg-traits stream to talk about the progress

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:02):

since it's not directly an error handling thing

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:02):

the next two items are unassigned so no update

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:02):

I still need to do the dot rendering thing

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:03):

I looked into that but couldn't find anything that I wanted for easy rendering of files online

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:03):

so I'll probably write up a simple github action to just invoke dot

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:03):

Review project membership and contact availability: https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling#error-handling-project-group [Jane]

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:03):

this is almost done!

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:04):

I've reached out to everyone and got everyone's contact info at this point I think

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:04):

so I just need to go make the PR on the teams repo to get that info committed

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:05):

re-open panic format consistency PR [Jakub]

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:05):

@Jakub Duchniewicz any update on this?

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Jun 07 2021 at 19:05):

if you initiate a github action for graphviz, won't that create a svg in the directory?

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Jun 07 2021 at 19:06):

yes, re-opening it atm :smile:

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Jun 07 2021 at 19:08):

Sorry, that question was directed at Jane. I don't type that fast :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:08):

Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. said:

if you initiate a github action for graphviz, won't that create a svg in the directory?

no, it will create one in the docker image used for the action

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

but it won't get committed back to the repo

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

Jakub Duchniewicz said:

yes, re-opening it atm :smile:

perfect

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

:+1:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

Write RFC for std::error::Report type

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

this is coming along

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

right now @Sean Chen is working on this primarily

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:09):

we talked a bit about it last week

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:10):

investigate oom=panic and path forward for kornelski [Jane]

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:10):

I did a bunch of this a couple weeks ago but haven't looked into it much since

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:11):

Just don't have enough time to work on that + libs team + the negative trait coherence changes at the same time

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:11):

moving that to unassigned for now

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:12):

I added some notes right now on where I last left it

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:12):

explaining what's blocked and what is needed

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:13):

termination stabilization is kinda on the back burner

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:13):

and the blog post just needs us to finish drafting a migration plan

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:14):

that's it for action items

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:14):

@triagebot end-topic

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Jun 07 2021 at 19:14):

Does anyone have something to add on the current topic?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if not.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:14):

skipping issue triage because nothing was nominated

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:15):

also gonna skip project board review because I don't think there's anything new there

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:15):

the project board is kinda duplicating some of the information on the action item and agenda

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:15):

I should probably figure out what to do about that to make the project board more useful

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:15):

gonna make that an action item

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:16):

alright, last section is status updates

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:16):

@Senyo Simpson how goes the book?

view this post on Zulip Senyo Simpson (Jun 07 2021 at 19:18):

Haven't given it much time in the last while, took most of my free time off, was a bit overworked. Going to give it some time, aiming for a cohesive plan by next meeting :)

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:19):

sounds good

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:19):

anyone else have a status update?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:21):

alright

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:21):

then I think that's it for today

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:21):

@triagebot end-meeting

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Jun 07 2021 at 19:21):

Does anyone have something to bring up?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if you're ready to end the meeting.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Jun 07 2021 at 19:22):

thank you everyone ^_^


Last updated: Jan 26 2022 at 13:32 UTC