Stream: project-error-handling

Topic: Meeting 2021-05-10


view this post on Zulip DPC (May 10 2021 at 17:49):

Hey all, meeting in 1 hour 10 mins

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (May 10 2021 at 18:02):

:+1:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 18:24):

Indeed

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 18:26):

agenda: https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/HyI5qxv__

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:00):

meeting time!

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:00):

hello everyone :wave:

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (May 10 2021 at 19:01):

:wave:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:01):

starting with action items

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:01):

https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/Hyj7kRSld

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:01):

The only new development there atm is that I made some progress on the backtrace in core implementation

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:02):

I got it working with weak_lang_items

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:02):

next steps are going to be to extend the proof of concept to also move the Error trait into core

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:02):

https://rust-lang.zulipchat.com/#narrow/stream/219381-t-libs/topic/error.20in.20core more context in this thread

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:03):

scottmcm also followed up on the NoneError issue so that's already been resolved

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:03):

though the issue is still open

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:03):

I'll follow up on closing that after the new try trait impl is fully merged

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:04):

we have 1 unassigned action item if anyone is interested in docs

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:05):

also @Jakub Duchniewicz I'm not sure if you're available rn but when you're around can you give a status update on the panic consistency PR?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:06):

@triagebot end-topic

view this post on Zulip triagebot (May 10 2021 at 19:06):

Does anyone have something to add on the current topic?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if not.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:06):

next up we need to update the contact information on our repo

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:06):

https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling#error-handling-project-group

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:06):

I'll add that as an action item for myself

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:08):

next there's this link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/67298551/rust-sqlx-moving-repetitive-transaction-code-into-utility-function which seems to be dead

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:08):

I think @oliver added that link

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:08):

do you remember what it was about?

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (May 10 2021 at 19:09):

Hi, just jumped in. Did not look into the panic consistency yet. If this is urgent, I can work on it tomorrow.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:09):

Jakub Duchniewicz said:

Hi, just jumped in. Did not look into the panic consistency yet. If this is urgent, I can work on it tomorrow.

it's not urgent

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:10):

backtrace stabilization is blocked on it but it's also blocked on the error in core work

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (May 10 2021 at 19:11):

sure, I will devote some time to this this week then

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:11):

perfect

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:11):

last one is a forum post: https://users.rust-lang.org/t/conflicting-implementations/58882/2

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:11):

this one has already been answered

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:11):

so gonna call that done

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:12):

gonna skip the project board review because I already did that async and there's nothing to add atm

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:12):

so that just leaves status updates

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:12):

@Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. hows the diagram port to dot going?

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (May 10 2021 at 19:13):

Currently working on the arrows coming from the right spot

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:14):

good, let me know if you need any help

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (May 10 2021 at 19:14):

Other than that it’s coming ok

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:14):

I actually just started working on a little project using dot so it's on my brain

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (May 10 2021 at 19:14):

Cool

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:14):

https://twitter.com/yaahc_/status/1390484963028463617?s=20

Well I got nerdsniped today Thanks @thingskatedid >:[ https://twitter.com/yaahc_/status/1390484963028463617/photo/1

- Yaah 🦀 (@yaahc_)

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:15):

and this has the arrows coming from specific boxes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:15):

so this might be exactly what you need

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (May 10 2021 at 19:15):

that's what i mean. we have to talk

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:15):

:+1:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:15):

anyone else have any updates they'd like to give?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:15):

or any questions before we wrap up?

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (May 10 2021 at 19:16):

None here

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:17):

alright then

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:17):

@triagebot end-meeting

view this post on Zulip triagebot (May 10 2021 at 19:17):

Does anyone have something to bring up?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if you're ready to end the meeting.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:17):

short one today

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (May 10 2021 at 19:17):

thank you everyone ^_^

view this post on Zulip DPC (May 10 2021 at 21:14):

not muchfrom me btw - i just have one issue assigned and last time i checked it there was nothing to update from my side


Last updated: Jan 26 2022 at 13:32 UTC