Stream: project-error-handling

Topic: Meeting 2021-02-01


view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:52):

Meeting in 8 minutes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:54):

Agenda: https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/ryxX06rx_

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

just a heads up: I had a personal emergency this week (My partner had a seizure on monday) and so this whole last week has just been dealing with that

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

Oh shit :frown:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

everything is good now, we got good news from the neurologist on friday, so I'm back under control now

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

but yea, I didn't do much this last week

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

get well soon!! :heart:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

if you're wondering why i never setup the birds of a feather

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:55):

thats why :/

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 18:56):

oh no!!

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:56):

she's doing alright now

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 18:56):

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out.

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 18:56):

it's not that important

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 18:56):

tyty

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:00):

Meeting time

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:00):

I went ahead and also moved around the agenda

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:00):

so now our action items are in a separate document

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:00):

https://hackmd.io/@rust-libs/Hyj7kRSld

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:01):

hello everyone

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:01):

So any new action items should be added in that doc now?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:01):

yea

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:01):

lets follow the way the libs team is structuring their action items

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:01):

'Fix the error trait`

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:02):

has fallen off the radar

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:02):

here's theirs for reference: https://hackmd.io/ovrbJj6CRduRgSA0Wzg2zg

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:02):

oliver said:

has fallen off the radar

its still lowkey tracked I think

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:02):

actually no

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:02):

should we bump it back onto our rotation?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:02):

the rust-sv stuff is part of impl error for &E

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:03):

what action item is there for that issue though?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:03):

_wracking brain to rememeber where we left it_

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:03):

continue checking off the todos

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:03):

ah yea backtrace stuff

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:03):

so that's moving ahead steadily

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:04):

we probably need to update the todolist because it talks about fmt repr

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:04):

PR 75180

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:04):

but we already got the go ahead to not worry about that

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:04):

someone with background had stepping into the tracking issue
but we don't have updates about it

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:04):

I worry.. :grimacing:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:05):

I dont follow

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:05):

#75180

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:05):

oliver said:

someone with background had stepping into the tracking issue
but we don't have updates about it

wdym?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:06):

anyways we're a little off track

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:06):

let me write down the fix the error trait item to follow up on that

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:07):

yeah I'm misremembering the chain of events, it looks like nobody is
currently leading atm

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:07):

#53487

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:08):

sounds good

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:08):

okay so

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:08):

I didn't have a chance to look into the error in rust-sv

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:08):

@Jakub Duchniewicz that hasn't been resolved yet right?

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:09):

Nope, I have been migrating countries this week and totally fell short of time

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:09):

fair enough

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:09):

ill take a look at it asap

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:09):

i didn't follow up on the blog metrics

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:10):

the backtrace in core issue has had some nice progress this last week

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:10):

I no new work on implementation but lots of discussion

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:10):

and some suggestions on implementation approaches which seem useful

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:10):

so either I or @oliver should hopefully be able to dig into that more soon

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:10):

the error trait discussion with the libs team happened

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:11):

so we decided that the primary role of the error trait is for formatting

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:11):

not downcasting

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:11):

yeah I thought I posted a link in the agenda

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:12):

but it's gone now

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:12):

and so we've decided on a guidance for source vs display

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:12):

RFC#3058

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:12):

which is "return source errors via the source method unless the source's error message is included in your Display implementation"

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:12):

and we got the green light on a lot of changes to try to make error formatting more consistent

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:12):

so actually I need to make some todo items there

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

and these might be some interesting projects

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

the first one I think we should do is add a panic_error method

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

function*

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

I find error formatting PRs confusing

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

similar to the new panic_any

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

tho now that I think about it

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

this might depend on the error trait being in core...

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:13):

damnit

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:14):

oh yea the try v2 RFC is interesting

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:14):

i haven't finished reading it yet

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:14):

imo we should mostly not be involved with that RFC

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:14):

we as in the project group

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:14):

not the individuals

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:15):

isn't that the trait you were referring to?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:15):

no

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:15):

i was referring to std::error::Error

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:15):

and the source method on it

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:15):

might be confused

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:15):

is there a link?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:16):

https://github.com/rust-lang/project-error-handling/issues/27#issuecomment-763950178

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:16):

added the link to the completed action item

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:16):

perf

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

obviously didn't get any work done on the brainstorming session for the book

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

planning to do that this week

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

who all is interested in attending that btw?

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

When are you planning on holding it?

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

I will

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

that's the question isn't it

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:17):

lol

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:18):

if we have lots of ppl interested I'll setup a doodle to figure out a time

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:18):

if its just gonna be oliver and I I was gonna use calendy to make the event

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:18):

but that's only good for 1-on-1 scheduling

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:18):

I'm flexible

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:18):

ack

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:18):

ill setup a doodle

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:19):

yeah I think many people would be eager to join

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:19):

didn't we want to brainstorm it with a greater group?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:19):

I wasn't thinking of a big group

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:20):

just the active project group members for the most part

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:20):

otherwise I think organizing the discussion might take most of the energy

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:20):

Jakub Duchniewicz said:

didn't we want to brainstorm it with a greater group?

we were looking at asking for feedback on the blog post

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:20):

right! sorry :smile:

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:20):

Jane Lusby said:

otherwise I think organizing the discussion might take most of the energy

I think just have it pretty low-key

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:20):

wait I should be using that bot thing mark mentioned last meeting

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

@triagebot end-topic

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

Does anyone have something to add on the current topic?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if not.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

sick

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

@triagebot what is the current topic?

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

Unknown Zulip user. Please add zulip-id = 281739 to your file in rust-lang/team.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

i dont think we're tracking the current topic

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:21):

its just an auto message it will paste

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:22):

including the emojis

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:22):

to help quickly coordinate discussion

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:22):

so next up, @Jakub Duchniewicz and the termination trait

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:22):

there was some discussion in the zulip iirc

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:22):

from the discussion in the thread it looks like we are waiting for generic access?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:22):

particiularly about how we could extract status codes from E: Error types with generic member access

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:23):

not sure

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:23):

my expectation is that this would be an implementation detail of impl Termination for Result<T, E: Error>

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:23):

so there's probably still some design work to think through

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:23):

Do we have a link to the termination trait issue?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:23):

particularly, how this fits into the whole design

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:24):

https://rust-lang.github.io/rfcs/1937-ques-in-main.html?highlight=Termination#the-termination-trait is the source of the termination trait afaik

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:25):

design of?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:25):

design for how the final version of Termination should look

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

I haven't seen a Termination trait issue

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

yea I don't think there is one

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

not sure

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

maybe a tracking issue

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

let me seee

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43301

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

right, I will do some thinking about it and maybe come up with something sensible

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/48711

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:26):

Jane Lusby said:

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/43301

oohh .. :magnifying_glass:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:27):

@Jakub Duchniewicz if you want to do a brainstorming session lmk

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:28):

no update on object provider

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:28):

just need to do some cleaning, but the RFC is more or less done still

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:28):

error codes haven't followed up on yet

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:28):

i think ill probably hold off on that until @Jakub Duchniewicz has made more progress with Termination

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:29):

because I think those issues will be related

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:29):

@Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. also I need to talk to you about the better panic issue you've been working on

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:29):

The last few weeks were a bust for me. From the last meeting, I did read up on "autoderef specialization" so I could have some kind of understanding of what it is. I'm now clear to plow ahead and plan on making headway. Can someone tell me the purpose of the + sign with <T: Debug + ?Sized> as in https://github.com/de-vri-es/assert2-rs/blob/main/src/__assert2_impl/maybe_debug.rs Could not find an explanation. Thanks.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:30):

I can help explain that

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:30):

i think it might be a good idea to switch issues though

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:30):

?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:30):

the author of assert2 is working on the same issue

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:30):

and I didn't realize this when I assigned it to you

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:31):

Oh... I see. ok

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:31):

so they're pretty close to starting on this same issue as far as I know

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:31):

and I don't think they've got the time to mentor you on it

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:31):

particularly because they're worried about running into performance regressions

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:32):

im sorry about the confusion and poor coordination on this

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:32):

so yea

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:32):

From what I've seen it looks understandable. I'd like to see how it converts to AST

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:32):

if you wanna keep working on it fofr learning purposes

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:32):

I'm happy to keep helping you thru it

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:32):

just know that someone else might come and finish the issue first

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:33):

sounds good

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:33):

ill msg you about the ?Sized bound after the meeting

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:33):

That would be a feather in my cap but I'm open to working on anything in which I can be productive

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:33):

Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. said:

That would be a feather in my cap but I'm open to working on anything in which I can be productive

there's not a lot of pressure either way

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:34):

as in, I want you to work on what you're most interested in

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:34):

not necessarily what is most productive

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:34):

thanks

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:34):

but if you want to be productive then that's reasonable and we should have things to work on

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

Anything I can do to help

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

sounds good

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

ill follow up with the Sized stuff and we can figure out where to go from there

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

I think that's all of our action items

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

ok

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

does anyone have an individual update they'd like to give

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:35):

I know we didn't go over the backtrace frames

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:36):

@Sean Chen ?

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:36):

That should be ready to merge :smile:
https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/81022

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:36):

:O

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:37):

dang i am way behind

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:37):

11 days ago

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:37):

I know it seems like there isn't very much use of chat between meetings

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:38):

the next last discussion thread was almost 2 weeks ago

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:38):

yea

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:39):

so we could be keeping each other more up-to-date overall
not anything specific, but I had thought of this before

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:39):

I will probably spark some discussion with the Termination trait though :smile:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:40):

hmm

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:41):

other than some bors issues I think ashley will get the message on the frames PR being ready

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:41):

for context

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:41):

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/81022

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:41):

sean and I just failed to set ashley as the reviewer

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:41):

lol

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:41):

Yea, I just noticed that he wrote to notify him via bors in his last comment on the issue. I totally missed that until now :sweat_smile:

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:42):

any other status updates people would like to give?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:42):

@triagebot end-topic

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Feb 01 2021 at 19:42):

Does anyone have something to add on the current topic?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if not.

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

#80851

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

ah yea

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

mara's panic fix

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

I don't think we really need to track that one

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

tho it definitely falls under our expertise

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

mostly because mara has been driving it herself

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:43):

and shes on the libs team

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:44):

is there anything related to that you think we should be doing @oliver ?

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:44):

there are a number of issues referring to this

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:45):

I'm wondering if there is anything else of interest to us
in those related PRs

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:46):

#76881?

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:47):

#78052

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:47):

are these both related to the panic PR?

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:47):

they make reference to it yes, though it's a pretty mixed bag
of issues and topics, anyway I thought it might be worth
looking at them

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:48):

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/78052#issuecomment-770873894

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:48):

I propose having a thread where we could be throwing some issues as soon as we stumble upon them, so that we can have them sorted early

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:49):

oliver said:

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/pull/78052#issuecomment-770873894

is there something more here which needs investigation

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:49):

lets go ahead and make an Issue Triage channel

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:50):

and we can use that to go thru the backlog and possibly promote issues for discussion in our next meeting

view this post on Zulip Charles Ellis O'Riley Jr. (Feb 01 2021 at 19:51):

:+1:

view this post on Zulip Jakub Duchniewicz (Feb 01 2021 at 19:51):

done

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:51):

awesome tyty

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:51):

are we going to have separate triage meetings as well?

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:52):

for now I think no

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:52):

I'd like to keep meetings to a minimum

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:52):

but if we're having trouble staying ontop of the triage async then we can revamp the process

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:53):

triagebot will help us stay ontop

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

oo

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

fair point

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

i should probably look into more detail on how triagebot works

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

@triagebot how do you work?

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

Unknown Zulip user. Please add zulip-id = 281739 to your file in rust-lang/team.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

lol

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

lets go ahead and skip the project board review this week

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:54):

since we did that last meeting and we're running out of time

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:55):

does anyone have any other comments they'd like to make?

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:56):

@triagebot end-topic

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Feb 01 2021 at 19:56):

Unknown Zulip user. Please add zulip-id = 300743 to your file in rust-lang/team.

view this post on Zulip Jane Lusby (Feb 01 2021 at 19:56):

@triagebot end-meeting

view this post on Zulip triagebot (Feb 01 2021 at 19:56):

Does anyone have something to bring up?
React with :working_on_it: if you have something to say.
React with :all_good: if you're ready to end the meeting.

view this post on Zulip oliver (Feb 01 2021 at 19:56):

@Sean Chen https://github.com/rust-lang/team/blob/master/people/seanchen1991.toml

view this post on Zulip Sean Chen (he/him) (Feb 01 2021 at 19:58):

I guess that's all folks. :smile:
Talk to you all soon!


Last updated: Jan 29 2022 at 11:01 UTC