Have we decided what's the end date? It seems that the survey should start very soon, but we need to put the end date into the it before publishing, don't we?
I've put Dec 16 in the Chinese translation and made it open now, so that you are free to publish it anytime with the link I sent to @Santiago Pastorino If a different date is decided later, I'll update accordingly.
me, too. I've put 16 Dec. as closing date :-) I'll amend the closing date if needed
I think unless someone says otherwise, December 16th should be fine. I'm writing the blog post now so it hopefully be ready to merge by today/tomorrow.
I just added December 16 as the closing date in the Swedish translation.
@Jasun Carr any thoughts on how long the survey should run? I was going to guess Dec 16 as well -- or 2 weeks, at any rate. I'd like to get started today ideally
ah, I see @Jasun Carr suggested Dec 16 already
@Santiago Pastorino to answer your question from elsewhere, let's go w/ 2 weeks
I guess we should sync then all and set a starting date?
doesn't it sound reasonable then to start the survey maybe tomorrow to give everybody time to write the blog post, translate and all that ?
Probably, yes, @XAMPPRocky you mentioned having started a blog post?
Yeah, I’m writing right now.
Mostly copying and updating last years post, but also moving the faq to forge
I also it would be nice to mention @Jasun Carr specifically since they are not on any rust team. @Jasun Carr would you be okay with this and would have anything we should link?
I guess we need to agree on when are we sending this out, my guess is tomorrow as ealiest
then end date should be dec 17th
for that we need the english translation completed with those FIXME removed and then I can ask translator to finish that section up
it's reasonable to wait until tomorrow to have every translation completed
Changing the end date again requires even more of the survey's to change. I think it's fine if the survey says the 16th and we leave it up for an extra day.
ahh I had no idea that the end date was already set
ok, I'm going to let translators know then
Well some of the survey's already have the 16th, I think from when Jasun first said it.
It's like less than half that need changes right now.
ok, will wait for confirmation and proceed letting translators know then
@Santiago Pastorino Confirmation on which? I think the 16th has become the date.
yeah, got your message wrong, will let everyone know
have sent the request to change the end date to translators
I also it would be nice to mention Jasun Carr specifically since they are not on any rust team. Jasun Carr would you be okay with this and would have anything we should link?
Yes, I'm fine with being mentioned. As Niko has seen, my personal website is horribly out of date - so if we're going to link to anything, let's do my University page: https://isu.edu/cmp/faculty-and-staff/facultyandstaff/d-jasun-carr.html