Stream: t-compiler/wg-nll

Topic: #56254 prohibit 2pb with existing borrows


Matthew Jasper (Feb 21 2019 at 21:01, on Zulip):

@pnkfelix @RalfJ @nikomatsakis What is the next step here after #57609 lands? Do we still want to try a crater run and make this a warning somehow?

pnkfelix (Feb 21 2019 at 21:02, on Zulip):

I think so?

nikomatsakis (Feb 21 2019 at 21:02, on Zulip):

@Matthew Jasper you mean for the 2PB restriction?

nikomatsakis (Feb 21 2019 at 21:02, on Zulip):

I think we do

nikomatsakis (Feb 21 2019 at 21:02, on Zulip):

After #57609 lands, presumably we can make it an error with relative ease, which would permit a crater run, right?

pnkfelix (Feb 21 2019 at 21:02, on Zulip):

(issue number in topic seems wrong FYI ...) (fixed now)

nikomatsakis (Feb 21 2019 at 21:02, on Zulip):

The warning kind of comes for free with the NLL migration infrastructure, right?

Matthew Jasper (Feb 21 2019 at 21:03, on Zulip):

Correct issue is #56254

Matthew Jasper (Feb 21 2019 at 21:06, on Zulip):

The warning kind of comes for free with the NLL migration infrastructure, right?

No, because it will be an error without NLL since there are no 2PB there.

nikomatsakis (Feb 21 2019 at 21:20, on Zulip):

@Matthew Jasper I see, interesting point

nikomatsakis (Feb 21 2019 at 21:20, on Zulip):

well, let's start off with a hard error and do a crater run

Matthew Jasper (Feb 22 2019 at 14:18, on Zulip):

@pnkfelix are you happy to r+ #57609 ?

pnkfelix (Feb 22 2019 at 14:20, on Zulip):

yeah i'll do that now

Matthew Jasper (Feb 24 2019 at 12:32, on Zulip):

@RalfJ can you merge https://github.com/rust-lang/miri/pull/644 ?

RalfJ (Feb 24 2019 at 15:27, on Zulip):

so this is not intended to compile any more? sure, will do.

pnkfelix (Mar 13 2019 at 21:22, on Zulip):

okay @Matthew Jasper, I've pushed the commits that turn the new reservation errors/warnings into instances of a lint diagnostic.

pnkfelix (Mar 20 2019 at 14:14, on Zulip):

I am sorry @Matthew Jasper that it is taking the lang team so long to resolve the issues here.

pnkfelix (Mar 20 2019 at 14:15, on Zulip):

This morning I wondered if we should switch the lint to default to #![allow] just so we can land the PR

pnkfelix (Mar 20 2019 at 14:15, on Zulip):

and delay the lang teams decision about defaults

pnkfelix (Mar 20 2019 at 14:15, on Zulip):

@nikomatsakis do you have thoughts on the above idea? ^

Last update: Nov 21 2019 at 14:10UTC